Insurance Market
Bubble1 Best Price
Bubble1 Unbiased Advice
Bubble1 BestCoverage

home insurance
out of 35 plans
from 12 insurers

and get the best Home Insurance policies in Singapore!

Home Insurance useful tips
Easily customize your home insurance.
Select the coverage you need, increase home content and/or renovations as required.Don’t just stick to the standard coverage levels.
Be careful with underinsuring.
Insurance companies expect your coverage to match the value of your property and will penalise under-insurance with reduced pay-outs.
Think of making an itemized list.
It makes it easier to estimate your home contents value and makes a claim process much more serene.
Renovations and building.
Some insurers group renovations & building together while others treat them separately. Just check-it up carefully!
Compare Home Insurance Policies in Singapore
Made to measure
Insurance Market
Find the best policy that fits your circumstances. For HDB, Condo or Landed Property. It makes a difference whether you are the owner or a landlord and whether you live at the property or someone else or maybe no one at all. Maybe you are not the owner but a tenant and need to insure your home contents.
Keeping Track
Insurance Market
Home policies can include more than home content or buildings, so check the differences and be in the know what you are insured for and what not. Also make sure that you insure for the correct amount. Give us a call if you are in doubt and we will be happy to advise.
Legal Liability
Insurance Market
Find the policies that include sufficient legal liability coverage in Singapore. This coverage is often a part of your home insurance package, so check on it on our comparison page and make sure you and your family are adequately covered.
Use our wallet
Insurance Market
Insurance Market is a convenient place for you to keep track of all your policies. You can keep all your policies in your online wallet with us with access anytime online. After purchase we will provide you with your personal login.
Home block2
Frequently Asked Questions

Home Content refers to any physical and movable household items or personal belongings including money and valuables kept within the premises that belong to you or your family members.

Building refers to the building structure of your home. For Housing Development Board (HDB) flats, condominiums, apartments or cluster houses, it will include the building structure (but not the foundations), fixtures and fittings based on HDB’s or the property developer’s standard specifications. For landed properties such as bungalows, semi-detached and terrace houses, it will include the building structure (but not the foundations), garages, outbuildings, swimming pools, terraces, footpaths, driveways, gardens, gates, fences and other private areas you own and which the public do not have access to.

Price is always a natural consideration but there are other factors worth thinking through in selecting your policy. Saving a few tens of dollars’ worth of premium, does easily not outweigh potential risk exposure around your home. As a positive step toward risk management, just ensure your plan is tailored to match your needs and circumstances at a reasonable price.

When comparing policies the focus should fall upon the following key factors besides price:

  • “Insured perils” vs “All risks” – This determines how extensive risk exposures are covered under the plan.
  • “First loss” vs “Full sum insured” – This determines the value of the financial losses or damages claimable against the plan. Claims settled on a First Loss basis are without penalty for being under-insured. Under the “Average Clause”, the insurers can reduce payment on a claim by the percentage you are under-insured.
  • Valuables – Home Contents Insurance normally has a sub-limit for unspecified items. For full-cover, valuables must be itemised for insurer’s review and additional premium. Examples of valuables are watches, paintings, works of art, jewellery, antiques, precious stones and other collectable items.
  • Deciding sum insured for your home contents – The general rule of thumb is the replacement cost of your content should it be completely destroyed.
  • Common exclusions – They may differ among insurers and hence it is prudent to take a closer look when doing comparisons.

No, there is no need to declare or list down. A total value for the household contents is declared instead, representing the sum insured for the policy. To ensure your contents are appropriately covered, we would however recommend you to itemise the major ones for a completeness check. Also be aware that in the situation of claims the insurer may ask for evidence of sufficient coverage and for receipts of larger items.
With existing property loan from HDB: HDB Fire Insurance is compulsory. A plan covering home contents and renovations would be appropriate.
With existing property loan from Banks: Usually, fire insurance is packaged with the loan. A plan covering home contents and renovations would be appropriate. The MCST (Management Corporation Strata Title) insurance only takes care of the development (building) and common areas.

Insured perils” are risks or events leading to a financial loss covered by an insurer.
These are examples of insured perils:
Fire, lightning, thunderbolt or subterranean fire Explosion Aircraft and other aerial devices and articles dropped therefrom Collision or Impact Bursting or overflowing of domestic water tank, apparatus or pipe Theft accompanied by actual forcible and violent entry or exit Hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, windstorm and flood Earthquake or volcanic eruption Riot, Strike and Malicious Act

When a scope of cover is based on “All Risks” (fire being the common risk to be covered), it includes cover for accidental risks as well. In other words, “All Risks” cover can be viewed as an extension to "Fire and Extraneous Perils" thus making it more comprehensive in nature. As an example, theft cover in a “Fire and EP” policy requires theft to be accompanied by actual forcible and violent entry or exit to be claimable. However, in an “All Risks” policy, the insurers can offer the removal of the restriction “forcible and violent entry or exit” upon payment of additional premium to cover thefts which do not involve elements of force and violence.

An “Insured perils” policy will state exactly what perils (risks) are covered. Any perils not named in the policy are deemed not to be included for coverage. In an “All Risks” policy, all perils are deemed to be included for coverage unless specifically excluded.

Depending on whether you are a home (property) owner/ landlord or tenant, your requirement for a Home Contents Insurance plan may differ.

A home owner has clearly vested interests in protecting his home contents against potential financial losses or damages.

A non-staying landlord may have concerns about the household items provided in a fully or partially furnished rented room/ apartment.

A tenant or renter, on the other hand, should be mindful of his own home contents and property and valuables and any responsibilities specified in the tenancy agreement.

Often called as tenants’ insurance, is an insurance policy that provides some of the benefits of homeowners’ insurance, but does not include coverage for the dwelling, or structure, with the exception of small alterations that a tenant makes to the structure.

It provides liability insurance and the tenant’s personal property is covered against named perils such as fire, theft, and vandalism. It also pays expenses when the dwelling becomes uninhabitable. Due to renters’ insurance eistinly mainly to protect against losses to the tenants’ personal property and provide them with liability coverage but not to insure the actual dwelling. It’s significantly less expensive than a homeowners policy.

Check the “FAQ” Tab in the page menu for more Home related FAQ’s