We Take Privacy Seriously
We are clear on what use and don’t use
Information Collected from All Visitors to our Website
Additional Personal Information that may be Collected
IM may collect and process the data that we require to enable us to deliver you meaningful and personalised comparison between the policies and prices of insurance policies offered by various providers. This includes:
I) Personally identifiable information, such as: (a) your e-mail address, contact details and particulars that are relevant in relation to the insurance comparison that you are seeking and
II) information about your computer hardware and software when you use our Website. The information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by IM for the operation of our Services, to maintain a high level of quality of our Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website. Furthermore, when clicking the “buy button” you agree that we will disclose and forward your Personal Data to the selected Insurer for the purpose of processing your request by the selected insurer.
Use of Personal Information
IM collects and uses your Personal Information to operate the Website and deliver the Services you have requested. IM may also use your Personal Information to inform you of other products or services available from IM and its affiliates, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. IM may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered, although you do not have to respond to such surveys.
To process, administer and/or manage your relationship and policy with IM, IM will necessarily need to collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data or personal information about you for the purpose(s) of:
- verifying and validating your identity
- reviewing, considering, assessing and processing your application for underwriting and insurance;
- administering and/or managing your relationship, account and/or policy with IM;
- requesting and collecting premiums or payments;
- making payments;
- dealing with any matters relating to the services and/or products which you are entitled to under your policy which you are applying for or have applied (including the mailing of correspondence, statements, invoices, reports or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain Personal Data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages);
- processing, handling, assessing and/or dealing with any claims including the settlement of claims and any necessary investigations relating to the claims, under your policy;
- carrying out and/or dealing with your instructions or responding to any enquiries or requests by you;
- carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by IM;
- conducting market and actuarial research and analysis to help us improve the products or services offered by us or to develop new products or services
- compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, risk management procedures and IM’s internal policies
- investigating fraud, misconduct, any unlawful action or omission, whether relating to your application, your claims or any other matter relating to your policy, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- sending you marketing, advertising and promotional information about other insurance, investment and/or financial products and/or services that IM may be offering;
- reviewing, investigating and/or addressing feedback or complaints received;
- insuring and reinsuring risks;
- storing, hosting, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise);
- accounting, auditing, legal, regulatory and compliance purposes;
- attending to regulatory or audit enquiries;
- assisting in regulatory investigations or law enforcement;
- any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Where Personal Data is submitted by you on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than yourself (or, in the case of situations where you, as a representative of your company or organisation, are submitting the Personal Data of individuals as part of the disclosures by the company or organisation to us), you represent and warrant to us that all the necessary consents (procured in accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including without limitation the PDPA, for such purposes stated in the relevant sections of this Data Protection Policy) have been obtained from the relevant individuals and that you have retained proof of these consents, such proof to be provided to us upon our request.
We may/will also be collecting Personal Data about you from sources other than yourself for one or more of the above Purposes, and thereafter using, disclosing and/or processing such Personal Data for one or more of the above Purposes.
Your Personal Data may/will be disclosed by IM to third parties who may be sited outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above purposes, and such third party, if engaged by IM, may/would be collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing your Personal Data for IM for one or more of the above Purposes. Third parties include:
- IM’s Group companies including associated or affiliated companies;
- IM’s representatives, or affinity partners who distribute or promote our products and services;
- the owner of any policy of insurance underwritten by us where you are a named;
- industry or public/government organisations, associations and authorities;
- other insurers or financial institutions for the purpose of administering claims and obtaining policy payments;
- contractors, service providers, third party administrators, loss adjustors, surveyors, assessors, private investigators, motor workshops, emergency providers, retailers, medical providers and travel carriers;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers which we engage to provide such services as marketing and research, communications, telecommunications, telemarketing, customer servicing, information technology, data entry or processing, printing, dispatch, mail distribution, payment, training, data storage or archival, disaster recovery and business continuity
- lawyers/law firms, legal services providers, legal process participants and their advisors, courts, other alternative dispute resolution forums;
- our professional advisers, including auditors and legal advisers;
- our underwriters, insurance partners, reinsurers;
- debt collection agencies;
- any other party you authorise us to disclose the Personal Data to;
Your Personal Data may/can be disclosed to their third party service providers or agents (including their lawyers/law firms), which may be sited outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above Purposes.
IM does not sell, rent, lease, or release your Personal Information to third parties. IM may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique Personal Information is not transferred to the third party without your explicit consent. In addition, IM may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to IM and we will ensure that they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information. When you return to the same website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features on our Website that you customised.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website or to fully experience the interactive features of the IM services or websites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
We take the protection and safety of your Personal Data very seriously.
All information gathered by Insurance market is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorised staff of Insurance Market.
Realistically, however no internet-based service is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that any confidential or Personal Information you share while using IM, is maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet your specific needs or obligations. We assume no responsibility for unauthorised access to your Personal Information. We will never store your credit or debit card data. In certain areas, IM uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Access to, Updating, and Non-Use of your Personal Information
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of PDPA, you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to IM changes, for example, if you change your email address, name or contact number, please adjust your profile page on the Website or let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information, which is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us not to collect, use, process, or disclose your Personal Information in any of the manner described herein. This will affect your user experience of the service. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes. You can give us notice of your intention to halt the collection, use, processing, or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to this Statement