Top 5 Attractions to Enjoy in Singapore This 2021
Looking for top 5 attractions to visit this 2021 especially if you are currently located in Singapore? Here are some of our pick! From outdoor parks to cultural must-sees, there’s a little bit of something for everybody to do in the Lion City. You can indulge and shop at all best shopping malls or you can discover different ethnic quarters and get a glimpse of their cultures.
Check out this list of top 5 attractions that you can include in your itinerary this 2021. Do not forget to have travel insurance handy to make sure that your trip is safe, protected and covered.
1. Marina Bay Sands
First of the top 5 attractions in Singapore is the the Marina Bay Sands. Aside from their luxury hotel and iconic infinity pool, Marina Bay Sands is also known for their high end shopping center filled with all the top brands and their observation deck where you can get a glimpse of the Singapore skyline.
Marina Bay Sands also hosts the famous Art Science Museum.
- Location: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore
- Best for: Shopping aficionados, Museum lovers
- Highlight(s): The main attraction at Marina Bay Sands is their infinity pool, which is the largest in the world.
- Insider Info: You can also find the Art Science Museum here, which is becoming well-known for their stunning light exhibits.
2. Gardens by the Bay
An iconic Singapore landmark, Gardens by the Bay is a park with a great mix of nature and futuristic architecture reminiscent of the Avatar movie.
It’s a popular spot among families and kids can play around in specific playground spots scattered around the park.
- Location: 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore
- Operation hours: 5am to 2am
- Best for: Families, Groups of friends
- Highlight(s): At 7:45pm and at 8:45pm, you can catch the popular light show.
- Insider Info: The nature park, which spans around 100 hectares, is built on reclaimed land.
- Activity tips: Wear comfortable shoes and cool clothing for an easier time walking around the park.
3. Merlion Park
It’s impossible to imagine Singapore without thinking of the classic Merlion Statue. Located at the waterfront park, this public space is always bustling with tourists and residents alike.
You can take awesome photos with friends or family and learn more about Singapore’s symbolic statue.
- Location: One Fullerton, Singapore
- Highlight(s): You can view Marina Bay Sands and the nearby stretch of buildings from this park.
- Insider Info: During 1972, the statue was built by a local craftsman called Lim Nang Seng to welcome visitors to Singapore.
4. Little India and Arab Street
Little India and Arab Street are ethnic communities in the midst of Singapore’s sprawling city. With a mix of Peranakan buildings, mosques, and Hindu temples, this area is home to most of Singapore’s Indians and Muslims.
You’ll find streets that are lined with spice stalls, fruits and vegetables, jewelry, rugs, antiques, and many more.
- Location: Little India and Arab Street
- Best for: Anyone
- Highlight(s): Try shopping at Mustafa Center for cheap but high quality goods.
- Insider Info: Aside from the various stalls and shopping centers you’ll find in these communities, you can also experience authentic Indian and Arabic delicacies.
5. Sentosa Island
If you’re looking to escape the Singapore heat, Sentosa might be the destination for you. The island is divided into three artificial beaches, namely; Palawan Beach, Siloso Beach, and Tanjong Beach.
There are fun outdoor activities for families to enjoy. You can also hang out at popular beach bars and cafes.
- Location: Sentosa, Singapore
- Best for: Beach bums
- Highlight(s): Try out the zipline ride at Palawan beach.
- Insider Info: Free shuttle bus lines can take you around the beaches, surrounding hotels, and Resort World attractions.
- Activity tips: If you’re planning to come on a weekend or a public holiday, reserve your hotel in advance.
Insurance Market offers a wide range of general insurance products (such as travel insurance, maid insurance, pet insurance and more) online and life insurance through personal advice from our qualified brokers. Please contact us at [email protected] or +65 69081811 if you have any questions.