When buying Best Annual Travel Insurance, everyone wants to buy the insurance which gives maximum coverage at the lowest price .With so many insurers offerring different types of polices it is a bewildering journey and a tough decision which one to choose. Our review will help you to take the right deceision . Insurance Market Singapore is an online Insurance broker selling 7 products from 20 different insurers. We have shortlisted what in our view are the 10 best annual travel plans for Singaporeans.
Price is of course an important factor but there are other factors like total coverage , coverage of specific items and activities like sports and sport equipments coverages , rental car excess coverage, personal golfing equipment coverage which you should also be taken into consideration .
Below are the Top 10 Annual Travel Insurance Policies with their Prices.Prices are quoted based on individual person travelling in Asia zone.
A broad policy suitable for frequent golfers (although no coverage for a hole in one!). However, note that this policy covers not more than 90 days for Annual Multi-Trip Policy.
- Child education grant: Payable upon Accidental death of the insured
- Adventure Sports Cover: Covers adventure sports activities as specified
- Alternative Travel Arrangement: Reimburse You for expenses incurred for rebooking of alternative mode of transport or travel routing
- Overseas Hospital Allowance (ICU): No Intensive Care Coverage.
A very comprehensive policy which comes with lot of free bees like $20 and $50 dollars agoda travel vouchers ,Car rental discount ,$10 dollars attraction vouchers etc .This policy is currently at 50% discounted price and is good bang for Money.
- Offers high overseas medical benefit and unlimited medical evacuation cover .
- Rental Car excess benefit and Extensive Travel Inconvience Benefits .
- People seeking higher coverage for trip & baggage delays and baggage loss per item than other cheapest plans
- Travellers seeking VIP perks like lounge access, wifi discount and hole in one prize
- Deal-hunter seeking cheap prices
- High coverage is not offered to maximise peace of mind
- Expect some delay in claim process during peak season.
A moderately comprehensive policy for spontaneous travellers. Etiqa travel insurance also called as TIQ travel insurance is a good one for outdoorsy types and adventure junkies as quite a range of leisure outdoor activities are covered.
- Family-friendly! Grandparents can now travel under our family plan.Big family with as many as 8 children can travel together.
- Automated flight delay monitoring with instant payout with only 3 hours of consecutive flight delay.
- Hassle-free and easy travel claims process by our award-winning team
- Payouts for travel delays and inconveniences are not so great. It pays out $100 for every 6 hours of baggage delay whereas other brands pay out $200, and the coverage limits are also lower than others.
A moderately comprehensive policy for spontaneous travellers. It also covers claims in the event of a strike at your hotel. However, note that this policy covers not more than 90 days for both single trip and Annual Multi-Trip Policies.
- Loss of Use of Hotel Facilities: In the event that there is a strike at your hotel where hotel services are in disruption for more than 48 continuous hours, you will be reimbursed $200 per day.
- Credit Cards: Decent Credit Card cover
- Golf Equipment (Owned): No coverage for golf equipment and other golf related expenses
- Kidnap & Hostage: No coverage for kidnap and hostage.
This is the one of the most sold Annual Travel Insurance Plan in Singapore .Priced at $268 with 40% OFF promotion it has become very attractive buy.
- NTUC travel insurance does offer generally good coverage all around. If you’re going to Japan to see cherry blossoms or to Seoul to catch your favourite K-pop group of indistinguishable replicants, the most basic plan (Classic) is more than adequate.
- The current 40% off promo, it can be downright cheap
- NTUC’s promotions tend to exclude the Enhanced PreX plans.
- NTUC does not cover a whole lot of adventurous activities. Common vacation activities like scuba diving and skiing are covered, but extreme thrill seekers may want to go for a more lenient insurance provider.
A very broad plan with good basic coverage including trip postponement. However, note that trip length does not exceed 90 consecutive days (for annual policies).Currently there is a 20% OFF promotion on annual travel plans which make it very attractive to buy .
- Automatic Extension of Insurance: Cover will stay in force for a certain period of time if the return trip of the insured cannot be completed before expiry date of the policy.
- Funeral Expenses: Reimburses the expenses for the funeral or burial should the Insured Person suffer an injury during the journey outside Singapore.
- Emergency Dental Expenses: Pays for emergency dental treatment expenses which were paid outside Singapore.
- The Standard plan has a slightly low coverage limit for emergency evacuation, and the payout for baggage delays is lower than standard, but those aren’t dealbreakers.
A travel policy providing comprehensive coverage for travelers seeking leisure activities as well as adventurous activities. It also suitable for golfers. It has a very good child medical expenses coverage. However, note that trip length does not exceed 90 consecutive days (for annual policies).
- Child Education Grant : Benefit payable upon Accidental Death of the insured
- Quarantine Allowance for Influenza A (Outside of Singapore): Covers for quarantine whilst overseas
- Adventure Cover: Covers expenses due to Injury or Accidental Death from taking part in adventurous activities
- Post trip Medical Expenses for Adult above 70 years: Relatively low medical expenses for adult above 70 years (post trip medical expenses)
- Unused Green Fees: This not included under the policy
A very comprehensive plan highly suitable for frequent golfers and/or scuba divers. It also covers reconstructive surgery due to burns. However, note there is no pets benefit and policy covers not more than 90 days for Annual Multi-Trip Policy. Policy is extended to cover transit whilst confined in transits areas at the airports in other countries.Currently there is a 20% OFF promotion on annual travel plans which make it very attractive to buy .[/caption]
- Leisure Underwater Activities Coverage: You are compensated for any claims arising from leisure underwater activities up to $250,000.
- Quarantine Allowance: If you have to be placed under quarantine upon returning to Singapore, you will be given a daily cash benefit of $50 per day up to 5 days. Covers Zika virus infections as well.
- Pet Care: Pet coverage is not included in this policy.
- Home Care Benefit: Home care is not included in this policy
A basic policy suitable for travellers that need limited / complementary coverage. It also covers for trip interruption and postponement. This policy covers not more than 90 days for Annual Multi-Trip Policy.
- Trip interruption and arrangement: If your trip is interrupted (subjected to approved conditions), you are covered up to (a shared) $15,000.
- Trip postponement: If your trip is postponed (subjected to approved conditions), you are covered up to (a shared) $15,000.
- Automatic extension of cover: Your period of cover will be automatically extended for 30 days in the event there is a delay in returning (subjected to approved conditions).
A comprehensive plan suitable for frequent golfers and those indulging in other leisure activities. It covers pre-existing medical conditions for repatriation. However, kindly note that each trip shall not exceed 182 days for single trip and 90 days for annual multi-trip policy.
- Automatic Extension of Policy Period: Policy automatically is extended for a certain period without payment of additional premium
- Child Education Grant: Benefit payable upon Accidental Death
- Mobility Aid Reimbursement: Covers expenses incurred for the purchase/hire of mobility aids
- Mobile & Tablets : This is not covered under the policy
You can buy more than 35 annual plans from 12 insurers from Insurance Market.Currently we are giving upto 50% Off on annual travel policies .Do not only look for price but also compare travel insurance other aspects like coverage , personal accident and medical expense benefits etc. Look for our coverage rating which is mentioned for each plan .