Just like humans, our pet dogs or cats also need a regular dental visit for their teeth.
So today, we talk about the importance of visiting a dentist for your pets and what can an insurance pet policy do to help you save a lot of cash when it comes to visiting your vet or dentist for your beloved furry friends.
But why is visiting a dentist important for your pets?
As a pet parent, you certainly want your dog to have a healthy mouth. And here are five reasons or benefits why good dental care for dogs or cats is so critical to your pet’s overall health:
- Preventing tooth loss. When the structures supporting a dog’s teeth become damaged or infected, the teeth loosen and fall out. Good dog dental care will ensure that those teeth-supporting structures stay healthy and keep the teeth in place.
- Preventing bad breath (halitosis). If a whiff of your dog’s breath makes your nose hairs curl, it’s time for some good dental care. When your dog has a healthy mouth and healthy dog teeth, bad breath won’t be a problem.
- Preventing oral pain. Dental disease, especially when it’s severe, can be quite painful for dogs. Keeping your dog’s teeth and gums healthy will help prevent oral pain.
- Preventing organ damage. Bacteria in the plaque can enter the bloodstream and spread to the heart, kidneys, and liver. This spread of bacteria, called bacteremia, can damage organs and make dogs quite sick. Good oral health will help prevent bacteremia and subsequent organ damage.
- Preventing worsening dental disease. Because so many dogs have dental disease by the time they’re 3 years old, it can be difficult to prevent it from developing in the first place. However, good dog dental care can prevent dental disease from becoming severe and causing problems throughout the body.
Now that you have already known the importance of bringing your pets to the dentist for a dental visit, we would also like to stress the importance of having a pet insurance policy like IM Pet Care Exclusive Plus ready at any time that you need it.
With the IM PetCare Exclusive Plus, you will enjoy the following coverage:
- Death of your pet: S$10,000
- Vet Expenses: Up to S$7,000 (S$50 excess)
- Annual Vet Expense Claim Limit: S$7,000
- Third-Party Liability: S$1,500,000 (S$500 excess)
- Theft of your pet: S$3,000
- Non-Surgical Expenses Coverage: up to S$5,000 (50% co-pay)
- Surgical Expenses Coverage: up to S$20,000 (30% co-pay)
So what are you waiting for? Get one now for as low as S$1,488 for year one! It is also now available for installments!
Insurance Market is a marketplace where we are serious about insurance and where professional parties come together to transact insurance only in the best and most responsible manner. Insurance Market offers a wide range of general insurance products (such as travel insurance, maid insurance, car insurance, and more) online and life insurance through personal advice from our qualified brokers. Please contact us at [email protected] or +65 69081811 if you have any questions.