Yesterday our partner SPCA (http://www.spca.org.sg ) its Flag Day to help raise funds for their animal welfare cause! As a non-profit organisation, SPCA rely mainly on donations and fundraisers such as Flag Day to raise funds needed to sustain the various animal welfare services they provide to the community. These include a 24-hour emergency service, cruelty investigations, education programmes for schools/ corporates, as well as running an animal shelter for abused and abandoned pets and strays. Flag Day is one of their biggest annual fundraisers so they need all the help they can get!
Insurance Market is proud to be partnering with SPCA and to help in this noble cause. Our team helped fundraising and participated in the Pet adoption drive at Singapore Zoo in which SPCA participated. Read more about it on following link;
For those who do not know about SPCA here is a brief introduction by SPCA:
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is a registered animal welfare charity with IPC status. The SPCA is not a government agency. We rely on donations from our supporters to continue our important role as animal protector.
Over $2,400,000 annually is required to carry out our animal welfare work. We receive around 100 pets and stray animals every month. This figure includes lost dogs which are all checked for microchips and advertised in the press in an effort to locate their owners.
Objectives The objectives of the Society are to prevent cruelty to animals and birds and to promote kindness to animals and birds. Vision A compassionate Singapore where all animals are treated with kindness and respect. Mission To promote kindness and prevent cruelty to animals through education, advocacy and action. Ambition To be the leading authority and advocate on animal welfare and cruelty issues in Singapore.
The Society provides various animal welfare services to the community including:
◦ Animal cruelty and welfare investigations
◦ 24-hour emergency animal rescue
◦ Running a shelter for stray, abandoned and unwanted pets
◦ Complementary veterinary care and spay/neuter surgeries for community animals
◦ School-based education programmes, and conducted group visits to SPCA
◦ Education talks, seminars and workshops
◦ Foster care for young animals
◦ Lost and found pets
◦ Providing volunteer opportunities to enhance corporate and community engagement
◦ Rehoming notice board for personal adoption notices
◦ Advocacy for wildlife, companion and community animals and animals in the entertainment, fashion, food and laboratory industries.
Discount for SPCA members
For all the SPCA members and staff Insurance market is giving 30% OFF on Liberty pet insurance. Use the following link:
and use the discount code ‘SPCASPL’. Together we can make a positive change in the life of our Pets and Animals.