We know that getting a new puppy is pretty high up on the list of the greatest things in the world. While they are adorable, they also come at a bit of a price. After the obligatory adoption fee, crate, food, puppy pads, toys, and other essentials, you also have to consider proper veterinary care. There’s the cost of vaccinations and spaying or neutering, but that’s not all. At some point, your new puppy is probably going to eat something it shouldn’t, or it could have an underlying condition you’re not aware of yet. This is why pet insurance is a big help when caring for a new puppy.
Here are 5 reasons you should get pet insurance for your new puppy.
- Your premium is lower. Pet insurance rates are based on age, breed, and location, so younger pets are cheaper to insure than their older counterparts!
- Covering future conditions. Pet insurance doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions, so it’s wise to get coverage before your puppy shows any symptoms or is diagnosed with an illness or issue.
- Puppies eat things they shouldn’t. Body surgeries are expensive and, unfortunately, it is very common for puppies. So you better have a pet insurance policy handy for these types of situations.
- Coverage for puppy-related expenses. Adding routine care to your pet insurance policy can help with spaying and neutering procedures and vaccines, especially considering these procedures usually cost more and are implemented when the pet is younger.
- Insurance for life-long conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes, allergies, and cancer can rack up costs throughout your pet’s life. By getting a pet insurance policy when your puppy is young, you’re guaranteed reimbursement for these issues throughout your dog’s life.
Just like health insurance and car insurance, not all policies and providers are the same. So, when you’re deciding on the right pet insurance provider for your puppy, make sure they’re going to cover chronic conditions and your puppy’s breed. Also make sure they’ll continue to cover your dog throughout its life, even into old age. IM PetCare Exclusive Plus pet insurance has a high incident expense coverage, and covers the theft and death of pets. It also has no medical examination required.
Here are few more highlights of the great coverage benefits you’ll receive with IM PetCare Exclusive Plus:
- It covers the death of a pet for up to S$10,000
- Coverage for vet expenses for up to S$7.000
- Coverage for annual vet expenses claims limit up to S$7.000
- Theft of pet coverage for up to S$3,000
- Coverage to non-surgical expenses up to S$5,000
- Surgical expenses coverage for up to S$20,000
Insurance Market is a marketplace where we are serious about insurance and where professional parties come together to transact insurance only in the best and most responsible manner. Insurance Market offers a wide range of general insurance products (such as travel insurance, maid insurance, pet insurance, and more) online and life insurance through personal advice from our qualified brokers. Please contact us at [email protected] or +65 69081811 if you have any questions.