Directly hiring Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW)/maid from India is very straight forward. Unlike Indonesia and Philippines which require exit visa’s that often require the help of a local agent, there is no such requirement for an Indian maid. The helper just needs to meet the basic Singaporean eligibility criteria which are set up by MOM that are
- She should be between 23 to 50 years of age .
- Minimum 8 years of formal education with a recognised certificate
Besides this she should also have a valid passport with more than 6 months of validity .
Steps to hire Indian maid directly
- Once the employer has interviewed and selected the helper, the employer needs to ask for a copy of the helper’s passport .
- The employer can then apply for the In Principle Approval or IPA from the Singapore Ministry of Manpower. Once obtained, a (soft) copy of IPA letter can be send to the maid for her to show at immigration.
- Employers also need make sure that maid insurance (incl. security bond) has been bought before she enters the country. Learn about what are the best Maid Insurances in Singapore;
At Insurance Market we are serious about insurance and facilitate parties coming together to transact insurance only in the best and most responsible manner. Insurance Market offers a wide range of general online insurance products (such as travel insurance, maid insurance, pet insurance and more) and life insurance through personal advice from our qualified brokers.
How To Hire Directly (both transfer and new maids)
Helpermatch is a new platform that supports both maids and employers to connect without the use of an agency. It enables good matching between the needs of the parties and helps in the discovery and negotiation of the contract. It even provides a chat environment, agreement templates and a vault to safe keep important documents. Helpermatch is an eco system that aims to support a properly structured process, clear agreement and good care. All for free.
More information on hiring a directly maid can be found here