Directly hiring Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW)/maid from India is very straight forward. Unlike Indonesia and Philippines which require exit visa’s that often require the help of a local agent, there is no such requirement for an Indian maid. The helper just needs to meet the basic Singaporean eligibility criteria which are set up by MOM that are
- She should be between 23 to 50 years of age .
- Minimum 8 years of formal education with a recognised certificate
Besides this she should also have a valid passport with more than 6 months of validity .
Steps to hire Indian maid directly
- Once the employer has interviewed and selected the helper, the employer needs to ask for a copy of the helper’s passport .
- The employer can then apply for the In Principle Approval or IPA from the Singapore Ministry of Manpower. Once obtained, a (soft) copy of IPA letter can be send to the maid for her to show at immigration.
- Employers also need make sure that maid insurance (incl. security bond) has been bought before she enters the country. Learn about what are the best Maid Insurances in Singapore;
At Insurance Market we are serious about insurance and facilitate parties coming together to transact insurance only in the best and most responsible manner. Insurance Market offers a wide range of general online insurance products (such as travel insurance, maid insurance, pet insurance and more) and life insurance through personal advice from our qualified brokers.